Belly fat is the type of fat that is not only difficult to lose, but also the most dangerous.
The AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) warns that people with belly fat are at higher risk of heart disease , diabetes, stroke, and certain cancers.
Therefore, if you feel that you have quite a lot of belly fat and it bothers you, you should start considering getting rid of or shrinking your stomach.
Unfortunately, reducing belly fat is is not that easy. Not only the effort is difficult, but knowing the “how” to burn belly fat properly is a big challenge.
Well, below are some yoga poses that help burn belly fat, you can do these poses at home. Come On! Give them a try,
Yoga Movements to Burn Belly Fat Fast
What are some yoga moves to shrink the stomach that can help to burn belly fat and shrink the stomach at home? Check it out below.
The best way to burn a little extra fat around the belly, is to do crunches .
To do this yoga movement to shrink the stomach, simply lie on the mat, bend your knees with your feet on the mat.
The feet should be hip-width apart. Then, raise your hands and place them behind your head, but don’t intertwine your fingers.
Take a deep breath in this position. Slowly lift your upper body off the floor, exhaling afterward. Lift your body as much as you can without changing the position of the rest of your body.
Then, when you return to the lying position, inhale as you lower yourself back onto the mat. Beginners can try doing 10 crunches per set and doing at least two or three sets a day.
2. Reverse Crunch
The next yoga movement to shrink the stomach is the reverse crunch .
The reverse crunch affects the transverse stomach, which is the deepest muscle in the stomach. This is the most effective way to burn lower belly fat , especially for women.
To do a reverse crunch, lie down in the position for the crunch. Then, lift your feet into the air. Exhale as you lift your body, and draw your thighs to your chest. Make sure the chin is not close to the chest.
3. Twist Crunch
This yoga movement to shrink the stomach has a variety of variations, all of which are specifically designed to reduce belly fat. Includes twist crunch movement.
How to do a twist crunch, Moms must lie on their back on the surface of the mat, and bend their legs with their feet on the ground. The position of the hands is similar to the sit-up movement, which is under the head.
Now, lift the right shoulder and bring it to the left shoulder. Repeat the action on the opposite side, to make it one complete loop.
4. Vertical Leg Crunch
The vertical leg crunch is similar to the regular crunch . But this yoga movement to shrink the stomach requires you to keep your legs straight, which makes your abdominal muscles work harder and increases the intensity of the exercise.
How to do it:
- Lie down with your hands behind your head.
- Put your legs straight up with your knees crossed.
- Flex abs to lift head and shoulders off the floor.
- Lie back.
- Keep your legs outstretched in the air at all times.
- Exhale as you flex; Inhale as you lie back down.
- Do 1-3 sets of 12-16 repetitions.
5. Ball Crunch Practice
This yoga exercise to shrink the stomach requires a lot of stabilization that involves more muscles. You will need the help of an exercise ball.
How to do it:
- Lie on the ball so that your lower back is supported and your feet are firmly planted on the ground
- Place your hands in front of your chest or behind your head
- Contract the stomach and lift our body up and forward
- Lower back
- Keep the ball steady during each crunch
- Exhale when we do crunches; Inhale as you lower your back
- Do 1-3 sets of 12-16 repetitions
6. The Stomach Vacuum
This stomach vacuum exercise emphasizes breathing technique rather than increasing heart rate.
This is a yoga technique for shrinking the stomach which is great for losing belly fat by exercising the abdominal muscles and improving posture .
To perform an abdominal vacuum, stand straight on the floor, and place your hands on your hips. Then, blow all the air out, as much as you can.
If done correctly, then you should not feel any air in the lungs. Then, expand the chest, and take in as much air as possible by contracting the stomach as small as possible, and hold it.
Try holding it for 20 seconds (or more) for a beginner, and then releasing. Repeat 10 times for one set.
7. Side Plank
Unlike the regular plank, in this yoga movement to shrink your stomach, you will be challenged to support your body weight with only two points: your feet and elbows.
This movement will make your core muscles work harder and you will become more stable.
Of course, this movement will also strengthen the abdominal muscles and back muscles to maintain spinal strength when we start lifting the hips.
Here’s how to do the side plank:
- Start from one side of our body.
- Position your elbows just below your shoulders and your arms perpendicular to your body.
- Straighten the legs and stack them together. Or you can also place one leg more than the other.
- Contract your abdominal muscles by lifting your hips that are still on the floor until your body is completely lifted and straight from your shoulders to your feet.
- Hold the position holding your hips up for 30-45 seconds. Then lower it down again, and repeat a few times.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
8. Boat Pose
Yoga movements to shrink the stomach this time are very useful in strengthening the stomach, especially the lower part.
Don’t give up easily if you try it for the first time and feel your stomach hurt.
Exercises that are done to shrink the stomach will not be in vain. Here’s how:
- Sit up straight with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor.
- Then lean your body back while balancing the position of the sitting bones and upright lifting your feet off the floor.
- Extend your arms straight in front of you, palms up, and feet up as shown in the picture. This movement makes the body look like the letter V.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds, then sit up straight again.
9. Raise your legs while lying down
This yoga movement to shrink the stomach can be done while lying on your back on the mattress. Lifting the legs while lying down is one of the most challenging exercises of any movement.
In this movement, you should be able to lift your leg without bending it. The strength of the abdominal muscles is enormous in this movement. How to do it:
- Lie on your back on the mat with both hands on the right and left. Palms facing the floor.
- Then open our fingers outward while lifting both feet up.
- Lift your legs until your body forms a 90-degree angle to the floor. When lifting your legs, don’t let your knees bend!
- Hold this pose for a few seconds.
- Lower your feet slowly to the floor.
- Repeat these 2-3 sets with 10 repetitions per set.
10. Superman Pose
This time, the yoga movement to shrink the stomach is not as heavy as before.
This movement is more fun and unique. Like superman flying, this method of tightening the stomach will be very effective for the lower abdominal muscles and the hip muscles, thigh muscles, and buttocks.
Here’s how to do it:
- Lie face down on the mat with your arms straight above your head.
- Make sure your body is straight from your toes to your hands.
- Then raise our hands and feet together, as if flying.
- Hold this pose for 5 seconds. Keep your hands and feet from dropping.
- Do 2 sets with 10 repetitions per set.
11. Bicycle Crunch
The bicycle crunch is a yoga movement to shrink the stomach which is quite challenging. However, this movement will make the abdominal muscles stronger and flatter.
This movement is similar to a person riding a bicycle who needs to pedal with the right and left feet.
The difference is, this yoga movement to shrink the stomach is done while lying on your back and legs in the air. How to do it as follows:
- Lie on your back on the mat.
- Place your hands to support your head as shown above.
- The position of the head is slightly curled forward, not attached to the mattress. It is about 45 degrees from the floor.
- To position your feet, lift your feet up high to form an angle of about 45 degrees from the floor.
- Rotate the upper body to the right and left with the head position following the direction.
- When we look to the right, your left leg is bent to attach to the elbow. Then straighten it again.
- Do it repeatedly alternately.
- Repeat these 2-3 sets. Each set consists of 10 repetitions, 5 times to the right and 5 times to the left.
12. Mountain Pose
The next yoga movement to shrink the stomach is the mountain pose.
This move is the ideal warm-up pose.
It improves blood circulation and activates the core and other peripheral areas, thereby ensuring that your body is ready for the other poses at hand.
To try it, follow these steps:
- Stand with your feet flat, heels slightly apart, and big toes touching each other. Keep your spine straight with your hands on either side and your palms facing your body.
- Stretch your arms forward and bring your palms together.
- Inhale deeply, stretch the spine. Raise your folded arms above your head, stretching as much as you can.
- Try lifting your ankles and standing on your toes, with your eyes facing the ceiling. If you can’t stand on your toes, you can keep your feet flat on the ground, with your eyes facing the ceiling.
- Breathe normally and hold the pose for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Inhale deeply, and while exhaling, slowly relax and return your feet to the floor.
- Repeat the asana 10 times, increasing the count gradually. Relax for 10 seconds before you try the next repetition. The image given above is a variation for beginners.
There you have it, some yoga movements to shrink the stomach that can help Moms. Good luck at home!