Not only adults can be stressed, but children can also be attacked by these negative feelings. Difficult lessons at school and a lot of homework are some of the things that can trigger children to become stressed over time. Stressed children should not be left alone. There is one way that is quite effective to get rid of your little one’s stress, namely by inviting him to do yoga. Not only its beneficial for the mental health of kids, but it is also beneficial for the health of there body.
Yoga has been known as one of the sports that can bring many benefits for adults. In addition, it unites the mind, body, and soul is also good for children to do. Starting from school, extracurricular, courses, to homework. Well, all these activities can make children tired and even stressed. Yoga can be a means for children to release stress. So, don’t hesitate to include your little one in yoga classes, because there are so many benefits of yoga on children’s health.
Benefits of Yoga on Children’s Physical Health
- Increase muscle strength, make the body strong, flexible, and relaxed.
- Develops the spine and central nervous system and improves body coordination.
- Deepen the breath, so the child can get more oxygen intake. Well, the more oxygen that enters the body, the performance of the organs can run more smoothly, concentration increases, and the child’s mind becomes calmer.
- Balancing hormone production and improving blood circulation, so that children become healthier and less likely to fall ill because they have a stronger immune system.
The Benefits of Yoga on Children’s Mental Health
- Improve children’s moods, increase self-confidence, and the ability to express, so that children can also develop their interests and talents optimally.
- Sharpen children’s imagination and empathy. This is because many yoga poses use the names of animals, plants, and other objects found in nature. By doing the cobra pose, for example, children can imagine the shape of the original animal, so this can make their imagination more developed.
- Train children to have self-discipline. Little ones should not play yoga movements, for example, while rocking. Yoga practice demands that every movement is done with great concentration and care, holding several poses, and doing good breathing techniques. Thus, children can learn to be disciplined and serious in doing something.
- Cultivate relationships with those closest to you. Practicing yoga together can also be a way for mothers to strengthen their relationships with their children. Mothers can have fun with their children while doing various yoga poses.
Yoga for Kids
Your little one can be included in yoga classes from the age of four because the benefits of yoga can also be felt by the child. However, different from yoga classes for adults, yoga classes for children are made as creative as possible with attractive games to be more interested and enjoy doing yoga. In a special yoga class for children, yoga poses are taught using the storytelling method. So, for example, when telling stories about a zoo, children are taught to do poses, such as trees, dogs, tigers, and cobras. The exercises are also supported by musical accompaniment according to the storyline.
Children are also not required to do yoga poses perfectly because the bone structure is still not strong enough to do the poses properly. The perfect pose will only be taught at the age of nine years and over when the body is stronger and ready. Children are advised to practice yoga two to three times a week. For children aged 4-8 years, one practice is enough for 30 minutes to be able to feel the extraordinary benefits of yoga.