Vivah Panchami 2022 – According to the Hindu calendar, Vivah Panchami is celebrated on the fifth day of Shukla Paksha in the month of Marshish. This year Vivah Panchami will be celebrated on November 28. This date has been considered to be of particular importance in religious texts. It is believed that Lord Rama and Mother Sita married on this day. That’s why this auspicious festival of Vivah Panchami is celebrated as Lord Shri Ram’s and Mother Sita’s marriage anniversary. There is also a belief that Tulsi Das also completed Ramcharitmanas on this day. On this day, grand events are organized in the temples, and people worship and perform rituals. Let us tell you the importance of Vivah Panchami, the auspicious time (Subh Muhrat), and the method of worship.
Vivah Panchami 2022 Auspicious Time (Subh Muhrat)
According to the Panchang, Vivah Panchami is starting on November 27, 2022, at 04.25 pm on the day of Shukla Paksha of the Marshish month. Therefore, this date will end on November 28 at 01.35 pm. In such a situation, according to Udaya Tithi, Vivah Panchami will be celebrated on November 28 this year.
Vivah Panchami 2022 Puja Method
- On the day of Panchami, wake up early in the morning, take a bath, and meditate of Lord Rama.
- Sprinkling Ganges water on your seating and purify it.
- Place the idol of Lord Rama and Mother Sita there.
- Offer yellow clothes to Lord Shri Ram and red dresses to Sita Ji.
- Then light a lamp, do Tilak, offer fruits and flowers, and offer prayers.
- During the worship, the marriage context given in the Balkand should be recited on this day.
- Also, reciting Ramcharitmanas on this day brings happiness and peace to the house.
Significance of Vivah Panchami
According to religious belief, worshiping Ram-Sita on the day of Vivah Panchami removes obstacles in a marriage. Along with this, a suitable life partner is obtained. Therefore, special events are organized on the day of Vivah Panchami, especially in Ayodhya and Nepal.
Marriage is not done on Vivah Panchami
Vivah Panchami is celebrated as the marriage anniversary of Lord Shri Ram and Mother Sita. But this day is not considered suitable for auspicious works like marriage. This is because Mother Sita faced many miseries after her marriage to Lord Rama. This is why parents refrain from marrying their daughters on this day. So that no sorrow comes into their lives and they always live happily.