Two Army Helicopters Helped Rescued Trekker’s Body in Mahapanth

November 02, 2022 – On the Ransi-Manani-Kedarnath Trek, The body of Trekker Alok Biswas (33) from Mahapanth was rescued by an Air Force helicopter and brought to Chardham Helipad Guptkashi. Alok’s family will reach by Thursday. The trekker lost his life on October 8 due to extreme fatigue and cold.

On Wednesday, two Indian Air Force helicopters reached Chardham Helipad Guptkashi from Joshimath at around 7 am. District Disaster Management Officer Nandan Singh Rajwar explained rescue team the conditions of the trek. After this, the rescue team left for the trek in two helicopters. Due to clear weather, the helicopter did not face any problem landing, and the team returned to the Chardham helipad at around 9:30 am carrying the body from the Mahapanth trek. The body was brought to the district hospital from the helipad.

District Disaster Management Officer Nandan Singh Rajwar told that on Tuesday, two helicopters of the Indian Army reached Joshimath from Sarsawa, Uttar Pradesh. The rescue team included Wing Commander TD Sharma of the Indian Air Force, Wing Commander Deepika Rao, Flying Lieutenant Himalaya Singh, Squadron Leader J. Kaur, AM Shah, SK Singh, Ankit Yadav, Ravi Chauhan of SDRF, Virendra Kala, Deepak Pant, Mahesh, Ramesh Rawat, Praveen Rathi, Praveen Chauhan, Yogesh Rawat, Sunil Singh Rana of DDRF, Rahul Kumar, Narendra Singh, Anil Semwal and Gajpal, etc. The District Magistrate, Mayur Dixit, congratulated the rescue team.


On October 2, Ten members of the Trekking team left Ransi

Saguna Nadia, a resident of Alok Biswas, West Bengal, left Ransi on October 2 on the Ransi-Manani-Kedarnath trekking route along with nine other companions. Due to extreme fatigue, he stayed in the Mahapanth with his other companion Vikram Majumdar while the other eight reached Kedarnath the same night.

On October 9, the District Disaster Operation Center Rudraprayag received information that two trekkers were stranded in the Mahapanth glacier on the Ransi-Manani-Kedarnath trekking route. After this, NDRF, SDRF, and DDRF personnel, with the help of the District Disaster Management Department, left for the spot along with the local porter and guide, but due to bad weather, the rescue could not be done.

On October 10, when the rescue team reached the spot, it was found that the trekker Alok had died while Vikram Majumdar’s health was also bad. So the team covered Alok’s body with plastic, took Vikram to Kedarnath, and admitted him to Vivekananda Hospital.