The Nagtibba trek is an easy one, starting at an elevation of 3500 feet and going up to the top of Nagtibba at 10,000 feet. It is perfect for newbies and participants with some experience looking for a short trek in the Himalayas.
For Nag Tibba, We have 03 Options to choose from (02 Day Trek, 03 Day Trek & 04 Day Trek).
02 Day Trek Itinerary – INR 3,499/ Per Person
- Nagtibba Trek – Day 1: We’ll start early from Rishikesh so that we reach our start point on time. We have various point where you can join us in Rishikesh/ Dehradun or in Mussorie. We’ll pick you from your preferred pickup location that suits us. We’ll drive through Rishikesh/ Dehradun & Mussoorie and will reach Pantwari village by evening (Approx 05 hour drive). At Pantwari, We’ll start our trek towards our base camp (Approx 04 Km).
- Nagtibba Trek – Day 2: After Breakfast We’ll start the trek towards Nagtibba Peak. (Early Morning – Approx 03:00 AM – 04:00 AM), We we’ll spend some time at peak, We’ll see the beautiful sun rise. After exploring surrounding area we’ll come back to our base camp, We’ll have Tea with Cookies & will leave back to Pantwari Village. By evening we will be back to our vehicle & will drive back to Rishikesh. Trip will end around 22:00 – 23:00 Hrs.
NOTE: Breakfast on Day 1/Lunch on Day 1 & Day 2 is Not Included in Package. You can buy it easily at many places according to your choice.
03 Day Trek Itinerary (02 Day @ Nagtibba Trek & 01 Night @ Rishikesh) – INR 5400/ Per Person
- Nagtibba Trek – Day 1: We’ll start early from Rishikesh so that we reach our start point on time. We have various point where you can join us in Rishikesh/ Dehradun or in Mussoorie. We’ll pick you from your preferred pickup location that suits us. We’ll drive through Rishikesh/ Dehradun & Mussoorie and will reach Pantwari village by evening (Approx 05 hour drive). At Pantwari, We’ll start our trek towards our base camp (Approx 04 Km).
- Nagtibba Trek – Day 2: After Breakfast, We’ll start the trek towards Nagtibba Peak. (Early Morning – Approx 03:00 AM – 04:00 AM), We we’ll spend some time at peak, We’ll see the beautiful sun rise. After exploring surrounding area we’ll come back to our base camp, We’ll have Tea with Cookies & will leave back to Pantwari Village. By evening we will be back to our vehicle & will drive back to Rishikesh. Night Stay & Dinner at WildHawk Rishikesh.
- Rishikesh – Day 3: After Breakfast, We’ll Check/Out from With Your Luggage from Camp & will leave for our office at lakshman jhula (You can place your luggage here at our office) & We’ll send you for River Rafting. After Rafting you can take your luggage & Tour Will End.
NOTE: Breakfast on Day 1/ Lunch on Day 1/ Day 2 & Day 3 is Not Included in Package. You can buy it easily at many places according to your choice. On Day 3 You have to pay additional @ Rs 500/ Per Max or Bollero for Drop from Camp to Lakshman Jhula as Transport for Only Day 1 & Day 2 in Included.
04 Day Trek Itinerary (02 Day @ Nagtibba Trek & 02 Night @ Rishikesh) – INR 6400/ Per Person
- Rishikesh – Day 1: Early Morning Check/inn at WildHawk Rishikesh. After Breakfast, We’ll leave for our office at lakshman jhula (Aprox 05Km) & We’ll send you for River Rafting. After Rafting you will come back to camp & we’ll have lunch here, after lunch we will go for a Hike – Patna Waterfall, At Evening we’ll have bonfire with snacks followed by dinner at 09:00 PM.
- Nagtibba Trek – Day 2: We’ll start early from Rishikesh After Breakfast so that we reach our start point on time. We’ll drive through Rishikesh/ Dehradun & Mussoorie and will reach Pantwari village by evening (Approx 05 hour drive). At Pantwari, We’ll start our trek towards our base camp (Approx 04 Km).
- Nagtibba Trek – Day 3: After Breakfast, We’ll start the trek towards Nagtibba Peak. (Early Morning – Approx 03:00 AM – 04:00 AM), We we’ll spend some time at peak, We’ll see the beautiful sun rise. After exploring surrounding area we’ll come back to our base camp, We’ll have Tea with Cookies & will leave back to Pantwari Village. By evening we will be back to our vehicle & will drive back to Rishikesh. Night Stay & Dinner at WildHawk Rishikesh.
- Rishikesh – Day 4: After Breakfast, Tour Will End.
NOTE: Lunch on Day 2/ Day 3 & Day 4 is Not Included in Package. You can buy it easily at many places according to your choice. Transport is Only Included for Day 2 & Day 3, For other days if required you have to pay extra.
Our All Package Includes:
- Transport from Rishikesh-Pantwari-Rishikesh.
- Experienced Guide & A Good Cook.
- Trekking Tents/ Sleeping Bag/ Camping Mattresses/ Camping Chairs/ Toilet Tents.
- All Trekking Permits.
- Basic First Aid Medical Kit.
- All Veg Meals.
Our All Package Excludes:
- GST @ 5%
- Transport from hometown to Rishikesh and back.
- Accommodation in Rishikesh.
- Anything not mentioned above.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, road blocks and / or any factors beyond control.
- Any other type of accommodation chosen by guest instead of what was offered by us.
- Any type of Personal porter support will be charged extra subjected to availability.
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance.
Things to Carry for Nag Tibba Trek:
- Poncho, Rain Coat or Umbrella any one is must. – IMPORTANT
- Backpack (Min 30 Ltrs). – RECOMMENDED
- Floaters or Sandals. – OPTIONAL
- Trekking Shoes. – RECOMMENDED
- 1 Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants. – RECOMMENDED
- 2 Pair of Socks. – RECOMMENDED
- Full Sleeve Sweater or Fleece Jacket. – OPTIONAL
- One Heavy Jacket. – IMPORTANT
- Sun Cap. – OPTIONAL
- One Scarf. – OPTIONAL
- Light towel. – RECOMMENDED
- Lip Balm. – OPTIONAL
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+). – OPTIONAL
- Water Bottle 1 Lt. – IMPORTANT
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries. – RECOMMENDED
- Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper. – RECOMMENDED
- Personal Medicine Kit. – RECOMMENDED
- Dark Sunglasses. – RECOMMENDED
- Gloves. – RECOMMENDED
- Trekking Pole. – RECOMMENDED
- CAMERA with huge memory card and fully charged with extra batteries. – RECOMMENDED
A few important tips:
- Don’t Forget to Carry: Valid Government ID Proof/ Slippers/ Waterproof Jacket/ Torch/ Personal Toiletries.
- Bring a light luggage with you as you will have to carry your own luggage.
- Don’t bring trolleys or suitcases with you.
- Don’t bring Expensive jewelry and gadgets.
Recommended Personal Medical Kit: (However, we will provide below medicine but it is recommended to take your own).
- Diamox – 3 tablets (to prevent AMS)
- Crocin – 3 tablets (fever)
- Avomine – 2 tablets (motion sickness)
- Avil 25mg – 3 tablets (allergies)
- Combiflam – 4 tablets (Pain killer)
- Disprin – 3 tablets (headache)
- Norflox TZ & Lomofen– 6 tablets each (diarrhea)
- Digene – 3 tablets (acidity)
- Omez/ Rantadine – 3 tablets (antacids)
- Crepe bandage – 1 to 2 meters
- Gauze – 1 small roll
- Band aid – 3 strips
- Cotton – 1 small roll
- ORS – 2 packets
- Betadine or any antiseptic cream
- Moov spray (aches, & sprains)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What is the Nag Tibba Trek ?
Nag Tibba Trek is an easy high altitude trek done throughout the trek and is particularly enjoyable during winters. The trek is situated in Uttarakhand.
When is the best time to go to for the Nag Tibba Trek ?
The best time for Nag Tibba Trek is during the during the winter months of December,January,March, April and May. But this trek can be done and is enjoyable throughout the year.
How difficult is the Nag Tibba Trek ?
Nag Tibba Trek is considered by comparison an easy high altitude trek. But you need to have good physical fitness to complete this trek. Doing cardio vascular exercises is very helpful for preparing for this trek.
What are the temperatures during the Nag Tibba Trek ?
During the Nag Tibba Trek temperatures vary between -10 to 10 degrees celcius during winters and 0 to 20 degree celcius in the summers.There will be considerable variation between night and day and in the direct sun and shade, so it is important to plan accordingly.
How much we have to trek each day ?
Normally our trek are designed in such a way that we reach our camp by lunch time and on an average trekking distance is roughly 4 Kms each day and it takes around 4-5 hours by an average trekker to cover that distance.
Who will lead and who all will go along with us?
All our treks are led by certified & Experienced Trek Leaders/Guides. We believe in sustainable adventure eco-tourism which in effect means that our teams are locally sourced. Other than a Trek lead we in our team we will have local Guides, Cook, Helpers and Porters.
Are there mobile network & electric charging points available on this trek ?
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.
What washroom/toilet facilities are available on the trek ?
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
How do we reach starting point of Nag Tibba Trek ?
Your pick-up is arranged from Rishikesh and drop back to Rishikesh is also included. Post booking further details are shared for pick-up coordination. You can take a bus/train or even a flight to reach Rishikesh.
Will there be snow on Nag Tibba trek ?
Snow is there between months January to March end. In January & February there could be upto 2 feet of snow towards near the top.
How big are the groups ?
We make it a point not to have more than 15 people in a trekking group as we believe that the best way to enjoy adventure is in small sustainable groups.
What is the minimum number of Trekkers required for Fixed Departures ?
Our Fixed departures are guaranteed and a promise to our customer that even if there is a Single trekker we will proceed with the trek at a loss.
I am the only girl in a trek, is it safe ?
We generally have a ratio of Male:Female of about 2:1. Mountains on the whole are much safer than the plains. Lots of solo female trekkers join us and we make it a point that only female trekkers share the tent with other female trekkers.
Can I offload my backpack on a mule/porter. What are the charges for the same ?
When you are in the mountains you should be self-sufficient and you should carry your own backpack. The charges to offload a backpack of roughly 9 kg or less is about 300 per day.
How many trekkers will be in one tent ?
We generally have 3-man tents were we accommodate anywhere between 2-3 people.
What level of fitness is expected from the trekkers ?
Good physical fitness as well as mental fitness is required for the Nag Tibba Trek. This is an ideal trek for a beginner who wants to familiarize him/herself with high altitude treks.
What is there in Food menu during a trek ?
We server wholesome and nutritious Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Evening Snacks. The food is vegetarian. Vegetarian food is preferable at high altitudes as it is easy to digest.
Is the water on the trek safe ?
The advantage of trekking the Himalayas is that your trekking route is filled with fresh Himalayan streams. Your trek leader/guide will direct you to places where you can fill clean water from. We recommend this water but in case you are unsure you can carry water purifying tablets with you.
What type of vehicles are used for transportation ?
We use Mahindra Max/ Bollero/ Sumo/Xylo/Tempo for equivalent vehicle for transportation.
What do you do if we encounter a medical emergency during the trek ?
Our team is trained in handling high altitude emergencies. Apart from being trained mountaineers they bring a wealth of experience with dealing with high altitude illnesses. We carry First aid kits and oxygen cylinders with us and in case of other medical emergencies we rescue the trekker till the road head. If any additional cost of evacuation is incurred it is borne by the trekker. Also before the trek it’s your responsibility to get a medical fitness checkup by a doctor which certifies you are fit enough for this trek.
Can we change the itinerary ?
WildHawk Adventures (p) Ltd, reserves the right to change the itinerary depending upon the weather conditions and other factors. If extra cost is incurred due to rescheduling the trekker is informed beforehand and extra cost if any is borne by the trekker. Please note that we operate treks in some of the most remote regions and harshest conditions where unforeseen events may force us to change the itinerary. In such cases, we or your trek leader will suggest the best alternative similar to your original itinerary.
Can you customize the Nag Tibba Trek ?
Yes, Nag Tibba Trek can be customized, if you would like to travel independently, you are invited to choose any of the trips at your convenient time for any number of people. The Cost for private customized trip is fixed on the basis of group size, trek area, duration and trek style.
What if trek is cancelled at the last moment due to ‘force majeure’ ?
All the arrangements for the tour are pre-planned and prepaid. We will offer you alternate trek options of similar value depending upon the weather conditions if a trek is cancelled due to ‘force majeure’. In case of non-completion of the tour due to any reason whatsoever there will not be any refund for any unutilized services.
What is your Cancellation Policy ?
Up to 24 Days: 95% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Between 14-24 Day: 70% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Between 14-08 Days: 50% of Trek/Tour cost will be refunded.
Less than 7 Days: No refund
What is your Rescheduling Policy ?
We will reschedule your trek without any extra charge if this is conveyed to us in writing atleast 1 month before the trek starting date.
Between 07-24 Days before start of the trek: 30% of Trek/Tour cost will be charged for rescheduling.
Less than 7 days: 100% of Trek/Tour cost will be charged for rescheduling.