Every year, people celebrate Kal bhairav Jayanti on the Ashtami date of Krishna paksha in the month of Margashirsha. According to religious belief, Lord Kaal Bhairav had incarnated on this day. In religious texts, Lord Kaal Bhairav is described as the fierce form of Shiva. Kaal Bhairav is considered a kind, well-wisher, and quick-pleaser for devotees. Those who do immoral acts get punished by him. Let us tell you the date, time, and importance of worshiping Lord Kaal Bhairav.
Kaal Bhairav Jayanti 2022 Date and Muhurta
- Kaal Bhairav Jayanti- Margashirsha Krishna Paksha Ashtami date Wednesday, 16 November 2022.
- Ashtami’s date starts – Wednesday, 16 November 2022, at 05:49 am.
- End of Ashtami date – Thursday, 17 November 2022, till 07:57 in the morning.
Worship method of Lord Kaal Bhairav
- Take a fast after having a bath on the morning of the Ashtami date of Krishna paksha of Margashirsh month.
- Remember, Lord Kaal Bhairav is worshiped only at night.
- On this day, go to a temple in the evening and light a four-faced lamp in front of the idol of Lord Bhairav.
- Offer things like flowers, imarti, jalebi, urad, paan, coconut, etc., in front of the idol of Lord Bhairav.
- Read the Chalisa of Lord Kalbhairav.
- After the worship is completed, do the aarti and apologize for the unintentional mistakes if you have done any in the past.
Significance of Kaal Bhairav Jayanti
It is a religious belief that one gets freedom from fear by worshiping Lord Kaal Bhairav. People believe that Kaal Bhairav is kind to those who do good deeds, and one who does immoral acts cannot escape his wrath. Also, Whoever harms the devotees of Lord Bhairav does not get shelter anywhere in the three worlds.
To Please Kaal Bhairav
In the scriptures, the vehicle of Kaal Bhairav is considered a dog. Feeding a black dog on this day pleases Lord Kaal Bhairava. Also, Reading Bhairav Chalisa with a four-faced lamp at midnight reduces the inauspicious effects of Rahu.