Corona Virus

Global COVID-19: 197 Million Infected, 4.2 Million Dead

July 30, 2021 – The number of COVID-19 cases in the world continues to grow. Reporting from the worldometers page, Friday (30/7/2021) at 07.00 WIB, the accumulation of global coronavirus cases has reached 197,295,441, with 4,212,931 deaths and 178,485,641 patients recovering.

Currently, there are 14,596,868 active cases or patients who are still infected with the coronavirus. In detail, as many as 14,509,737 cases or about 99.4 percent were patients with mild to moderate symptoms, and 87,131 or the remaining 0.6 percent were critical patients.

Five countries with the most COVID-19 cases and deaths

The five countries with the most COVID-19 cases are:

  1. United States: 35,571,461 positive cases.
  2. India: 31,571,295 positive cases.
  3. Brazil: 19,839,369 positive cases.
  4. Russia: 6,218,502 positive cases.
  5. France: 6,079,239 positive cases.

Meanwhile, the top five countries with the most deaths are:

  1. United States: 628,361 deaths.
  2. Brazil: 554,626 deaths.
  3. India: 423,244 deaths.
  4. Mexico: 239,616 deaths.
  5. Peru: 196,138 deaths.

Kerala Orders Lockdown as COVID Cases Rise

Complete lockdown will be imposed in Kerala on 31st July and 1st August due to rising COVID-19 cases in the state, news agency ANI tweeted. The government is sending a 6-member team to Kerala headed by Director, National Centre for Disease Control. As a large number of COVID cases are still being reported in Kerala, the team will aid the state’s ongoing efforts in COVID management, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said.

US announces $25 million for India’s Covid-19 vaccination programme

US will provide $25 million to support India’s vaccination program, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who is in Delhi on a two-day visit, announced on Wednesday.

“US has contributed more than 200 million dollars [USD] worth of Covid-19 assistance. I am pleased to announce that the United States government will send additional 25 million dollars [USD] to support vaccination efforts across India,”

Blinken announced during a joint press conference with India’s External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar.